Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am jonesing for sushi in a big way. When I was living in Vancouver, it was something that I had weekly and without any thought given to safety or sustainability.
Now that I am living on the land-locked prairies (and trying to make more informed choices when it comes to the food that I eat), I am paying more attention to things like mercury, farmed-fish, and overfishing. I suppose it was much easier to turn a blind-eye when it came to $1.99 sashimi. Now that I’m paying the big-bucks, I want it to be good in terms of taste and virtue.

Lucky for us, the Monterey Bay Aquarium has made it easy to identify which fish to order and which to toss back (figuratively speaking, of course). You can download your own pocket-sized Sushi Guide here.

No comments:

Post a Comment