Friday, August 7, 2009

friday faves - seventh generation kitchen cleaner

Everyone who knows me knows that I love to cook. Everyone who knows me well knows that when I cook, I make a mess. Needless to say, I spend a LOT of time cleaning up after myself.

In my quest for sparkling clean counters, I have bought and tried countless products...some with great results and some with not so great results. (One pink spray, in particular, left odd pink blotches on everything. Yikes!) I use plain ol' baking soda for scrubbing, stain removal, and anywhere elbow-grease is required, but for everything else you can't beat the convenience of a spray*.

I recently found a spray kitchen cleaner that is both effective AND safe for my family and the environment. Seventh Generation Wild Orange & Cedar Spice cleaner contains non-toxic biodegradable ingredients, is pet and people friendly, works like a charm, and smells GREAT. I have used it on countertops, painted cabinets, appliances, and even glass and mirrors. (And, if the need should arise, it makes a really good "freshener" for garbage cans...)

To read more about Seventh Generation products, including full ingredient lists, coupons, and reviews, please visit http://ca.seventhgeneration.com/ or http://www.seventhgeneration.com/



*I know that there are all sorts of "recipes" out there for eco-friendly homemade spray cleaners, but I have yet to make one that I am really happy with...

1 comment:

  1. I love seventh generation products. I also use the dish detergent. It has a very pleasant lavender scent. I'm going to have to give the kitchen cleaner a try :)

    ReplyDelete