Monday, August 10, 2009

found! - part 1

They say the best things in life are free. Sure that applies to stuff like cloud-watching and hugs and the smell of the air right before it rains, but it can also apply to treasures found in your neighbours’ bin, a ditch, or washed up on shore.

I found this big window frame laying on the side of the road in a very sketchy part of town. The glass was already missing, so all I had to do was (quickly!) scoop it up, bring it home, and give it a cursory once-over for spiders before bringing it in the house. I heart it muchly. Try as you might (and I have!), you just can’t fake that kind of peeling-paint, weathered-wood goodness. I haven’t found a permanent place for it, but I think it looks right at home beside my fabulous chair (bought as-is at the MCC shop) in my front hallway.

Get the look for less than $12:
Window Frame (road-side find) = free
Shabby-chic Chair (MCC Thrift Store) = $5
Vintage Tool Box (Habitat Re-Store) = $1.50
Plant Pot (Value Village) = $2
Plant (Home Depot) = $3

No comments:

Post a Comment