Friday, August 21, 2009

friday faves - it's all about me!

Well, sorta. Call it shameless self-promotion, but I have decided that my Friday Fave this week is ME! Or, more specifically, my "Going Green" column at Try Handmade. It's my little way to promote handmade, eco-friendly goods and the people who make them. There's so much like left in most of the stuff that we throw away and I want to bring attention to the creative guys and gals who find new uses to items that would otherwise hit the landfill.

My first article went "live" yesterday and I am bursting to tell everyone about it. The subject of my "Geek is Chic" article is my friend Ruth. She is a Winnipegger (like me), an Etsy seller (like me), a crafty upcycler (like me), and super-cool (like me...lol). Mostly, though, she's a friend and (dare I say) my "craft Yoda". I am so happy that she agreed to let me profile her for my inaugural piece.

You can read my weekly column here: Going Green.
Don't forget to comment and show some love for the makers that I profile each week.

Try Handmade

No comments:

Post a Comment