Friday, August 28, 2009

friday faves - soyganic tofu

Anyone who knows me well knows that I love tofu. I mean I really, really heart it. Soft, firm, smoked, crumbled…yes, please!

There’s one tofu, however, that I put above all others. My type/brand of choice when it comes to tofu is the Extra Firm Soyganic by Sunrise. It’s got exactly the right texture for throwing on the grill, searing in a pan, and tossing in stir-fries. I have found that it takes all sorts of marinades well…and my miso soup would be bupkis without it. (I even eat it cold; thinly sliced, right out of the fridge.)

I’m not alone in my belief that it is the best, either. On a recent episode of “Anna & Kristina’s Shopping Bag”, the Soyganic tofu was rated the best out of four in a blind-taste test. (And before you say “but tofu has no taste”, shush.) AND not only does it taste good, it is good for you! It is cholesterol-free, a source of calcium and iron, and packs 13 g of protein into each serving. Plus, all Soyganic products are made with certified organic soybeans (read: non-GMO), which is as important to me as taste and nutrition.

...and yes, it's got the Mascot's thumbs up, too!

Learn more and get recipes at http://www.sunrise-soya.com/

X-posted to Relish

No comments:

Post a Comment