Thursday, July 2, 2009

you ain't nothin' but a weed-hound

I'll admit it, I have weeds. Or, rather, I *had* weeds. Last weekend, I bought a "Weed Hound" weed-puller and I am now on my way to a beautiful dandelion-free lawn.


Now, I should also admit that I am a gadget-girl (a Gidget?). I try to stay away from single perpose gadgets (ha!), but there are times when it's best to do one thing and do one thing well. And this tool is a perfect example of that. It quickly and almost-effortlessly removes weeds from your lawn and garden, root and all! And it's addictively FUN...just ask my fella. He did my whole backyard yesterday and would have done the entire front yard, had I not fought him for my turn with "the puller".

After our initial weed-fest, my lawn is looking a little pockmarked. According to a helpful guy at the hardware store, I can remedy this by placing a little handful of grass seed into each hole as I go. Doing that will apparently fill the holes AND eventually create a nice, thick carpet of grass that will naturally choke out weeds...all without the use of herbicides or fertilizers!

http://www.hound-dog.com/weed_hound.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment