Friday, July 31, 2009

friday faves - prairie naturals haircare

I have a love/hate thing going with my naturally curly hair. I love my curls & hate, no...loathe, my tangles. One option is the buzz-cut; the other is a good detangler. There are a ton of products on the market, but few that are made with organic/naturally-derived ingredients and paraben-free.

While shopping at my local organic grocery store recently, I was very happy to come across the Prairie Naturals line. Not only do their products meet my requirements (above), they are cruelty-free, petroleum-free, AND Canadian!

The Mountain Mist conditioning spray caught my eye, so I bought a bottle and went home to see if it really could tame the wild tangles in my mane. I have been using it for two weeks now and I have been loving it. The concentrated spray leaves my hair soft, shiny, and tangle-free. Plus, the product doesn't relax my curls like some brands (ahem*infusium*ahem) and smells fantastic, thanks to the natural lavender, lemon, and chamomile fragrance oils in the formula. It's also very effective for reducing frizz and contains a UV filter to help protect the vulnerable hair-shaft from damage cause by the sun/environment.

I originally purchased Mountain Mist to be used on wet hair before styling, but have discovered that it works great as a style "refresher" on dry hair. A few good pumps and a scrunch and I'm good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment