Monday, July 6, 2009

two-wheelin'


me and my shadow
Originally uploaded by zenbecca

I recently read that 50% of car trips in the US are less than 2 miles. It made me wonder many of those errands could be done by bike...and how many of MY errands could be done by bike. A quick trip to the store, a visit to my fella, and going out for a coffee are just a few examples from yesterday alone! I'm sure that over the course of a week, I could find at least 4 errands to run without the use of the car. So, that is going to be my new challenge!

Over the next 10 weeks, I am going to make an effort to keep the car parked for 4 errands per week and I'll be charting my progress in the sidebar:

week 1 - Sunday, 07/05 deliver snap peas and lettuce to R. (7.2k) Monday, 07/06 return movie to Rogers. (11.7k) Thursday, 07/09 return movie, pick up mail, trip to McDiarmid Lumber (11.1k) Friday, 07/10 ride to R's, bike to dinner at Mona Lisa (6k)


No comments:

Post a Comment