Friday, July 24, 2009

friday faves - eden organic apple butter

Eden Organic Apple Butter is one of my absolute favourite things. Not only is it good on toast and english muffins; it is fabulous on vanilla ice cream (especially with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top). I like to stir it into my oatmeal, too.

Can you believe that there are 4 lbs of organic apples in this little jar? No wonder it has such big flavour! As much as I love what goes *into* the apple butter, I really love what doesn't go into it. There is no added sugar, sodium, preservatives, or fat. It contains apples and apple juice...that's it! One tablespoon contains 20 cals, 4g of sugar and 1g fibre, making it a happy-healthy alternative to butter or jam. (Compared to butter -100 cals/tbsp and jam -50 cals/tbsp)

For more information and recipes, visit http://www.edenfoods.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment