Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Handmade Christmas Pledge

Last night, while we were talking about Christmas, the Mascot and I made a little “gift pledge”. We decided that every gift we give this year has to be either: handmade, vintage, recycled or upcycled. Including the wrapping.

I think this will be a really fun challenge for both of us. I’m especially excited to see what the mascot comes up with. I have offered my technical assistance if he needs any help with cooking, baking, sewing or Jewelry making, but otherwise he’s on his own to get creative.

As for incoming gifts, we are going to try to (politely) keep those to a minimum. I am hoping that if people feel the need to buy us something, that they consider either making a donation in our names (like adopting a chicken or planting a tree) or that they give us something like theatre tickets, a museum membership, or even just taking a chore off our lists...

Thinking of doing the same? I’d love to hear about it! And, if you want to make things “official”, you can even add yourself to the list at Buy Handmade

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

No comments:

Post a Comment