Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Be Happiness itself.

Live your life in happiness, even though those around you lead lives which are unhealthy, and wish to spread their illness to you. Be Happiness itself. - Buddha

Thanks, Buddha. I needed that reminder.

It seems that there are people in my life, both near and afar, who think that making me unhappy will make themselves seem happier by comparison. That was my main reason for leaving my last job...besides the utter lack of opportunity for advancement, of course. Unfortunately, I don't have the option of walking away from every situation that presents itself with this sort of negativity. I figure my best option is to cherish what I have and let those who choose to wallow in their own misery, wallow in it. I refuse to let it infect my life and my house any longer.

So there. :-p

2 comments:

  1. good for you! be gone oh wallowers of misery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I'm declaring a misery pandemic! Too bad there's not a vaccine for that... ;-)

    ReplyDelete