Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eating Animals



"The notion that human life has greater value than any other form of life is both unjustifiable and arrogant." - Fingers Pointing Toward the Moon (Wei Wu Wei)

This is an excellent interview with Jonathan Safran Foer, author of "Eating Animals", on Larry King Live. Watch me!

The author raises some interesting points regarding factory farming and how animals are treated in general. His message is not necessarily "pro-vegetarian" or "anti-meat", but rather one of increased awareness and ethics. I believe that if you are going to take a life for your own sustinance, then you should honour that life by carefully preparing your meals and taking the time to enjoy them.

That said, I choose not to eat red meat and poultry simply because I can't justify the effort/expense/resources that goes into its production. Plus, I think that the conditions and methods of commercial meat production are basically deplorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment