Monday, November 23, 2009

On anger, quotes and blog-neglect.

I have been so busy with stuff around the house and craft sales, that I have been neglecting my poor blog. I will be back in full-force, though, once the holiday madness is out of the way.In the meantime, I am going to be posting a few of my favourite quotes.

Lately, most of the quotes and sayings that I have been saving come from one of my Buddhist "thought of the day" emails. I am an avid collector of quotes, but these just seem to strike a chord with me. This one, in particular, is especially topical.

"Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

I have long believed that anger, like hatred, is an emotion that takes too much energy. These days, I simply don't have the time to be mad or resentful. Letting go of all of that negativity frees up so much energy...you'd be surprised.

2 comments:

  1. So true. So many people would greatly benifit from thinking this way. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few people who could definitely learn from this one. Unfortunately, they are the ones who are so consumed with their own anger that they can't see past it to move on. What a waste!

    ReplyDelete