Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Faves - North American Hemp Co

Did you know that hemp has been used for textiles, paper, building materials, fuel, food and personal care products for over 10,000 years?

Did you know that hemp grown in most parts of Canada will require no herbicide, fungicide or insecticide applications?

Did you know that hemp seed oil is high in Essential Fatty Acids and, when applied to hair, will improve the structural quality of the hair-shaft and increase its elasticity, volume and shine?

Did you know that in the week that I have been using items from the North American Hemp Co's hair-care line, my curls have never looked healthier or, well...curlier?

I am absolutely in LOVE with this product. I came across it in the Pharmaplus down the street and bought it out of near-desperation. Nothing has been working for my parched hair for months; not even my usual arsenal. To be honest, I didn't have high hopes for this stuff either, but I liked that it was organic, paraben-free and vegan...and, ok, I liked the brown bottles.

I started with the "Never Too Late to Repair" Treatment Oil and the "Curlmega" Curl Activator/Reactivator Spray. I was so impressed that I went back the next day and bought the "Area 369" Serum. A week later and I am hooked.

My post-shower routine looks like this -
Step 1: apply treatment oil to hair and finger-comb to detangle.
Step 2: gently work in a little serum.
Step 3: spray with curl activator. Scrunch. Twist. Scrunch. Leave to air-dry while I make breakfast, get ready and drive to work.
Step 4: No, that's it. There is no step 4...just bouncy curls for the rest of the day.

The best test of the products, though, was my "omg, I'm running late and don't have time to wash my hair" test. I sprayed my slept-on hair with the reactivator spray, scrunched-in a little more serum (couldn't hurt) and gave my hair a toss. The result? My curls sprang back to life, I had zero frizz and my "do" looked even better than the day before! I should sleep in more often...

I haven't tried the shampoo or conditioner yet, but you can be sure they're on my shopping list!

2 comments:

  1. The North American Hemp Co products are amazing. I'm addicted to the Piece Officer Texturizing Paste!!! It's the best styling product I've ever used, and I tried everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...that sounds like it would make a great gift for my fella...thanks!

    ReplyDelete