Friday, September 18, 2009

slacker

You can tell how busy I am by how much love my blog gets (or, rather, how much love it doesn't get). This week has been a nutty one, but things are looking like they should be back to normal soon. I hope! With the mascot at home and our household running as smoothly as a...smoothly running thing. We’re still staying vigilant with our efforts to stay “green”, although some members of our household *ahem* have a bit of a problem with turning off lights and computers. Everything else is going well and I’m pretty happy with our progress. We’ve come a long way in such a short time.

The next big challenge that we are going to have to face is a financial one. Possible circumstances that are WAY beyond my control are going to force us to tighten our belts once again. The irony with all of this "clean living" is that it is crazy-expensive sometimes. We cut back where we can (reuse, reuse, reuse), but I find a huge part of our budget goes to "good" food and household products. I need someone to sit me down one day and tell me why a product with 3 ingredients costs more than a product with 87. And, why it's cheaper to put a chocolate bar or a bag of chips in your kid's lunch than it is to give him an organic apple. But, that's another post for another day. :sigh:

Trimming the power-bill is probably a good thing to focus on. I think that maybe a “lights out” challenge is in order. That way, we can kill two birds with one stone…but without actually killing anything or resorting to needless violence. We’ll save that for the video games (speaking of power-suckers)…

No comments:

Post a Comment