Wednesday, April 28, 2010

holly go-lightly


holly go-lightly
Originally uploaded by zenbecca
This past Sunday, R and I were planning to go to a movie, but decided at the last minute to go for a bike ride instead. It was such a nice day; it would have been a crime to waste it by sitting in the dark. Even the promise of popcorn, Milk Duds and a soda the size of my head wasn’t enough to lure us away from the sunshine. After a quick detour to pick up my bike (the lovely Holly go-lightly, pictured above) and then back to R's to put a little air in our tires, we were on our way to the Forks.

I was so happy to see that the rest of Winnipeg was on the same wave-length - people were out in droves! Besides the sunshine and good-karma, it felt so nice to be on a bike that was actually going somewhere for a change. In 3 months of spinning classes, I have probably logged hundreds of (theoretical) kilometres. Sure the bikes at the gym have brought me closer to my goal of better fitness…but they don’t take me to the yummy rum punch that R and I had on the patio by the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment