Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Map My Run...and tell the world.

What’s as much fun as running? Mapping it and seeing how far I’ve gone, of course.

I am a huge fan of Voomaxer to keep track of my running logs and post them to Facebook (& Twitter), but lately their routing function has been on the fritz. I don’t want to stop using Voomaxer, though, because the more people you tell about your run, the more calories you burn. Trust me…it’s scientific.

Now I’m using Map My Run to calculate my milage and I am loving it. Other than the general ease-of-use, the really cool thing about the mapping function is that it lets you “bend” your lines. This means less clicking and more accuracy…especially when charting runs down bendy streets. Try it yourself: Map My Run

* Yes, it’s a little goofy to have to use two sites, but I’m already goofy for never running the same route twice…and for mapping it after the fact. So, shush.

No comments:

Post a Comment