Friday, March 12, 2010

Strong Body = Strong Mind

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. - Buddha

Buddah, I could not agree more.

That thinking, I suppose, is one of the things that gets me out of bed and into my gym clothes at 5:30am a couple days a week, and makes me late for dinner the rest of the time (save for my weekend workouts, which happen at a more civilized hour). I find that if I go to the gym on a regular basis, I am way better equipped to handle everything that gets thrown at me. Not only does it give me a chance to (literally) work out my problems, but I am left with an enormous sense of pride and self-esteeem when I push myself a little further or complete an especially challenging class.

The sore legs and arms that follow serve as little reminders that I *am* strong and I will get through. Knowing that my body can handle a little punishment and come out stronger gives me faith that my heart and mind and soul can, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment