Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Project: mascot

The mascot has been working on a project for school and needed a backboard to display it on, but the idea of forking over $15 for one at Michaels sent me into a cold sweat.

a) When I was in school, we always made our own out of scrap wood or cardboard boxes.
b) fifteen bucks? Seriously?

I gave him the option of either spending his allowance on a backboard (as if) or looking for something suitable in the house. Doubtful that he would find anything, he went downstairs...and returned 5 minutes later with a huge grin on his face the box from our flat-screen tv. I was happy that his search was a success, but even happier when he said, "Mom, can I upcycle this for my project?"

5 minutes and some clever Xacto-ing later, the boy had a project that cost $0 and made him feel a whole lot prouder than if he had just grabbed one off the shelf. Looks like we can put that $15 in our trip-jar!

Pics of the project to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment