Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've created a monster...

I just received a text message from the mascot asking me if I would like "a really cool plant pot soldier" from the recycling room at his grandparents' condo. I'm almost a'feared to see the thing, but I told him to go ahead and bring it home anyway. If he thinks it's "cool", then it must be...right? (At worst, it can live in our garden.)

A few years ago, I was constantly teasing my mom for "garbage picking". She would go to the dump with a trailer full of stuff and leave with a trailer full of different stuff. I was embarassed, horrified and afraid that someone I knew would find out. These days, though, I have had a complete change of attitude. I mean, I won't bring home *garbage*, but it's hard to resist some of the cool vintage stuff that seems to keep popping up in backlanes and dustbins. In the last year alone I have scored chairs, a couple cabinets, a table...all in perfect (or perfectly distressed) condition. Now that the mascot is on the case, who knows what else we'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment