Friday, February 26, 2010

Be the bigger person.

Who ranks as the highest? One who does not harm anything. One who never retaliates. One who is always at peace regardless of the other person's disposition. - Buddha

When it comes to the war-of-words, my fella is always reminding me to "be the bigger person". When hit with a verbal assault, my first gut-reaction is to send out a big "Oh, yeah...well, you're a _____!" But, really, what would that solve? I have learned to stop myself* and not strike-back. I have found that I rarely regret not saying something, but once words are let loose, they are out there forever. I would rather bite my tongue (or my fingers), than stoop to the lower level. Why bother adding fuel to the fire?




*Having a little mantra to repeat in my head helps, too. More about that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment